Idli Ideas

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

(Negative)^2 = Positive

How do you feel when it is an important day,and you wish something to happen but your mind says don't wish it to happen otherwise it will not happen.Very often when I wish something badly I tend to orient myself in a direction away from the wish.
For Example: I buy a lottery ticket.I wish that I win the bumper prize.Then I constantly dream of winning that lottery,doing this and that with the prize money.In the end I do not win the lottery and my dreams all are shattered. It's not that I am a gambler,it's just an example. It happens to me always when I dream incessantly that I had my wish fulfilled then it doent happen.So more often, I tend to move away from thinking about that wish or sometimes even wish the opposite.We have the reached the centre of this musing. What is a wish? Something which I want it to happen.But now I make a wish and then after sometime I do not wish that thing because If I wish that thing it will not happen.Most of the time, my wish is fulfilled when I wish and I counterwish. A balanced wish??? Ying and Yang??

Sometimes I wonder does these thoughts occur to anyone else??

5 Comments:

  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Art said…

    quite confusing!!! but i also do it sometimes :)

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Jammy said…

    and I thought that only I did it that way :)

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger clash said…

    nice to see ya in my blog :)- but dont have any inkling who led u there.. anyway.. i need more of idli's too.. he he

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger just sam said…

    I strayed on to your blog from another blog. Will watch your blog :-)

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Gowri said…

    Hey..good to know that there are at least two people in this world who think like me!!
    The reason as I see it, is mainly fear of failure and ridicule(at times). You'll get over it once you stop bothering about what others think of you and stuff. :)
    btw..I'm here from Savitha's blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home